Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gettin' Knitty Wit It


Knitting makes me happy.  So I knit.  A lot.  It's good.  One day I hope to design my own patterns, but for now I'm a big fat copycat!  And I'm okay with that, for now.  Here are a few sampling of the items I've knitted in the past few months.
This was my first sweater this winter. 

Knitting from the top down...
Every project yields a lesson.  I'll spare you the details.

Don't have a final photo of this one, but the yarn is pretty; it's a hat for my friend Esme's baby girl, Keely.  I made one for her other baby girl, June, as well.

Hat #3 for Justin; the first two were lost, one of which was found shortly after making this one.  The first was spotted by a friend on a stranger in the Mission somewhere.  Tiff called to tell Justin somebody was wearing his hat!
Working with HUGE size 19 needles..
To make this..
Up close.  Some more mistakes that I won't bother to point out..
Attempted socks for Justin (too big).
My brother requested a hat in KU colors.  Justin was sleeping when I needed a model.  He's so cooperative.
For Miss Georgia, our niece.  This sweater was so gratifying to knit.  It's beautiful!
Another total copy, down to the handmade redwood buttons I got from a woman on Etsy.
Gratuitous shot.
Last but not least, my first design.  It's super simple, but oh so warm and cozy!  Wish I had put bigger buttons on it.. next time.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow!!! I am so happy that you did your own thing... you are amazing... and such a cute model too!!

    What fun... I love the styles...

    V

    ReplyDelete